Monday, January 3, 2011

Tired of books on the subway? How about the subway on a book!

Did that just blow your mind? I thought it might.
Anyway... strictly speaking, this isn't a book review blog, so I won't go on at length, but I think it's perfectly fair to take note of a few topical gems every once in a while, don't you? And Subway by Christoph Niemann is clearly one such gem.
Where you know him from: Niemann is the creator of the popular Abstract City blog for the New York Times. If you're unfamiliar with Abstract City, it practically bubbles with quirky delights and is well worth checking out. If you're unfamiliar with the New York Times, then color me impressed that you've managed to stumble upon this blog. The vast majority of cave-dwellers don't even bother with internet access these days. My all-time favorite Abstract City post can be found here.
Want to know more about the book? Read it. Preferably on the subway. Few adult readers have the gumption to crack open a picture book in public, but it's truly a joy to catch them in the act.

2 comments:

  1. An avid fan - since I found your blog...from a random post on Facebook...I don't read the New York Times, and DO crack open books to read in public all the time. I guess I'm the exception, rather than the rule, sadly. Keep on bloggin' for THIS cave dweller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats nuthin, I saw a book ON the subway. Hot Boyz http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Boyz-Marissa-Monteilh/dp/0061227617 nestled between the second and third rail on the L train, Montrose stop.

    Books on the subway!

    ReplyDelete