Friday, December 10, 2010

Fantasy Fridays: King of the Murgos by David Eddings

Where: D-train
Who was reading: A petite woman in a purple puffy coat and purple striped hat, she stood with her head bent over the book, as if in prayer.
If she were a fantasy character: She would be a quietly religious elf. Sort of like Simon in Lord of the Flies, only much elf-ier.
An international bestseller:  King of the Murgos is book II in the epically epic Malloreon series. The Malloreon books actually follow Eddings' Belgariad series in which an Arthur-esque young lad named Garion single-handedly defeats the evil God Torak. In Malloreon, a non-evil replacement God must be found. 
I'd apply for the position . . . if my current job didn't offer such excellent vacation time.
According to David Pomerico, Assistant Editor at Del Rey: "David Eddings' Pawn of Prophecy was the first novel I ever read, and he's the reason I'm doing what I do today." 

2 comments: