Monday, December 27, 2010

Spotted: How To Start And Run Your Own Corporation by Peter I. Hupalo

Where:
N-train
Who was reading: A man who looked to be in his mid-30s with one large hoop earring, brown boat-like shoes, and fields of stubble. He wore a faded corduroy jacket and toted a lumpy backpack.
His eyes kept fluttering shut... Every now and then he'd give a start and snap them open, rubbing his thumbs over the eyelids as though to massage out the exhaustion, but eventually he set aside the book and nodded off. It was 8:30 p.m.
Now I'm not a doctor. And I'm no expert in starting and running your own corporation either. But I do know this is ain't the way, sonn; quitters never succeed . . . unless they have rich parents.
More secrets to success: 1. Substitute the backpack with a slick angular briefcase. 2. Never admit to reading a library book, it makes you look poor.

4 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for a while, and love it! But I do have to take issue with "don't be caught reading a library book, it makes you look poor" :)

    I'm a librarian - hooray for FREE library books and free access to information. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous: I couldn't agree more, libraries are marvelous! I had hoped it was obvious that I was being sarcastic in the above post, but I probably should have been clearer. In actuality, I patronize my local library on a regular basis and even volunteer there once a week. It always surprises me that more people don't visit libraries seeing as they're such a fantastic resource for any kind of information you could possibly want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. phew...thank goodness you were being sarcastic - I guess I DID miss it, sorry about that. I'm pretty snarky myself. Hooray for libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog......what a great idea. I have always been intrigued by what I find people reading, wherever I go. Your comments and observations are also so witty.
    Another thought on the library book - maybe he is into environmentalism. Borrow a book, save the planet.

    ReplyDelete