Thursday, December 2, 2010

Missed connection: girl reading The Hunger Games + boy reading Mockingjay


Where: Mere footsteps apart on the platform at Dekalb, totally oblivious to one another.
Who was reading: She wore a hot pink coat with a floppy gray hat, he a Castro hat and Carhardt hoodie.
Alas, it was not to be. He boarded the car behind her on the Q, and never again would the twain meet.
But whatever: He probably went on to land some hotshot gig in District 2, while she squandered her remaining days in Victor’s Village, listlessly sifting through the pieces of broken dreams.
And ultimately . . . If Katniss couldn’t have Gale then no one deserves to be happy.
Post Script: If this doesn't make sense, all I can say is read the books. You won't regret it.

3 comments:

  1. LOVED THIS! Oh man if only if only they had looked up. Haha. And I'm with you on the Gale thing. Poor Katniss and Gale never to realize they were truly meant for each other. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to tamp down my inner-romantic, because:
    1. This made me go 'awwww'
    2. I hate my inner romantic

    (I've been reading through all your posts, and they're really quite enchanting - erm - in a snark sort of way). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On this station of the Portuguese ocean campaign is the place I live, and where I was conceived. app para espiar un celular

    ReplyDelete